Sunday, December 29, 2013

NADIA BUARI EDUCATES ON DRUGS THROUGH "DIARY OF IMOGEN BROWN"

Nadia Buari educates on drugs through "Diary of Imogen Brown"

Actress Nadia Buari has denied speculations that her reason for moving into the production of her own movies is that scripts were not coming in.

On the contrary, the actress stated that she had been waiting for the right scripts that would challenge her craft, which she never had. She added that she has never played a drug addict or a retard role before, hence being the lead role in her own production “Diary of Imogen Brown”.

In an exclusive interview , the actress explained that many people auditioned for the lead role, but none of them made it for the role. According to her, she never wanted to be a part of the cast. She wanted to enjoy her new role as writer, producer and director.

“When I started I wanted to have someone play the Imogen character. I wanted to give people the opportunity to showcase their talent, but it is not about I have to do it all. It’s a project that is dear to my heart that I wanted to execute, but the thing is after months of auditioning, I was not able to get the right character and I was waiting for the right time. I was also looking for an unknown face to play the character of Imogen brown, since it is a huge character, I just did not get that and so in the end, I decide to play the role since I was not getting anyone”, she explained.

Nadia at the premiere

The actress who has been absent from the screens for a while, further stated that the movie project was not the reason for her absence, she said “every time I have to work on this movie something comes up, either am on set for a movie or I have to be away for a while and I always say, since it’s my movie I can work on it later, but I realize there is no perfect time”.

According to Nadia, Diary of Imogen brown, a real life story is aimed at telling everyone and mostly the youth, who make up over 50 per cent of Nadia’s fan base that drug is a killer. “They should just know that the movie is to showcase the effects of stress individuals undergo in challenging relationships and their recovery processes. A lot of times when you are going through stuff, you feel like this burden is too big for me and what can help me overcome it- they result to drugs and alcohol, which end up hurting themselves and crushing, as opposed to the super hero person, they thought they would have become. Drug is a killer”, she iterated.
Some of the cast members in the play

Answering questions from a section of the media at the premiere of the movie at the conference centre, Nadia admitted that juggling her role as a director, writer and producer was amazing, a herculean and challenging task for her, but she found strength.  The actress added that her decision to move into movie production and direct stems from the fact that she studied and majored in theatre arts in school, so it was right for her to put that into practice.

At the press conference, her Hollywood “boyfriend” of BFF as she calls him (Jim Iyke) was there to support as well. Being an actor and an inspiration for the movie, the actor disclosed that Diary of Imogen Brown went through four drafts before the final draft; he added that he offered support and “kept quiet and took orders for the first time, acted and got paid for it”.

Nadia supported by Jim Iyke at the Press conference
Nadia also revealed that all the characters in the movie with the exception of Mr Iyke auditioned for their roles. She said I wanted to use new talents, so it was difficult but in the end, all worked out well. Diary of Imogen Brown   is a story of a successful business woman who had it all and almost lost all due to drugs.
The movie according to Nadia, is not to make money but to send the message on the effects of drugs to a larger audience, hence the premiere in three different regions; Accra, Takoradi and Kumasi. She says that the movie is a Christmas gift to her fans; hence the subsidy of the premiere rate to GH 15.00 and proceeds from the movie is geared towards the Nadia Buari foundation.



On the Buari reality show, the actress said that it is on hold, since most of her family members are out of the country pursuing their education, but the reality show would resume, once they are all together again.” It’s something I want to showcase to the world. I’m blessed with a wonderful family; my mum, dad and my siblings and I feel like the world should know how blessed and lucky I am”.


Diary of Imogen Brown, which features the likes of Soraya Mensah, Heba Khaled, Kevein Boateng,Prince Mingles,Beatrice Dadson, Jim Iyke and Nadia was premiered in Accra at the Accra International conference centre on Decembver 23, 2013, Takoradi  at Akroma Plaza on Decedmber 24th and In kumasi at the Golden Tulip Hotel  on December 26th. Diary of Imogen Brown is a Nadia Sidiku Buari Production.

No comments:

Post a Comment